Tomatoes. I’ve really been missing tomatoes since I found out I was allergic to them three weeks ago. Partly because they’re yummy and go well with so many things, but mostly, at least at the moment, because I’m having a hard time adjusting to life without spaghetti sauce.
This is something my mom has made for me before but I hadn’t made it myself until this week because previously I’d just dump red sauce on everything. But it’s pretty darn easy. And yummy. And gives me hope that a red-sauce-free live doesn’t have to be one void of flavor.
- 7 ounces of gluten-free spaghetti
- 2 large minced garlic leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook spaghetti as usual—boil water in a pot, put pasta in, cook until soft, and strain.
- Place cooked spaghetti in a large bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour olive oil sauce over the pasta and mix it together well.
- Serve, and enjoy.