Both my mom and I can’t have beef and sometimes we really want something steak-like. I miss having a nice piece of meat that you have to cut with a knife.
As a result, my mom came up with this tasty gluten-free, beef-free recipe that even tastes good when it’s been reheated the next day! Enjoy.
- Pork chops
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup rice flour (or tapioca flour)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash
- Milk (just a small bowl to dip the pork chops in)
- Mix corn meal, gluten-free flour, and seasonings together in a 1 gallon plastic bag (my mom always uses a zip-top bag to keep it from exploding all over the kitchen).
- Dip the pork chops in the bowl of milk on both sides.
- Put the pork chops into the shake-n-bake bag (one at a time). Shake until the pork chop is coated.
- After coating, put the pork chops on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
- And you’re done! It goes great with brown rice or a salad.