Valentine’s Day may be over, but that’s no reason to put the chocolate away. Bring on the mousse!
You can buy gluten-free, sugar-free mousse mixes in the store, but they’re kind of pricy and the ingredient list contains way too many unidentifiable things. This is cheaper not only cheaper, but it also only has four ingredients. And it’s super simple, quick, and quite yummy.
It’s also a great desert to serve picky wheat-eaters (you know, the ones who think anything that says it’s “certified gluten-free” will taste like dirt) because they’ll never guess it’s gluten-free!
Allergan/Sensitivity Info:Gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free.
Yields: About four to six servings (it just really depends completely on how much you’re in the mood for chocolate).
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Splenda (or any generic form of sucralose)
- Use an electric mixer to mix cream until it just starts to get fluffy.
- Add vanilla, cocoa powered, and Splenda.
- Mix until light and fluffy (be careful to not over mix the cream because it won’t be as light and fluffy then).
- Divide into smaller containers (or you could always eat it right out of the bowl), and serve. You can also let it sit in the refrigerator if you want it to be colder. It tastes quite nice chilled, but I can never wait that long.