Making frosting from scratch was a new experience for me. And, of course, the fact that it needed to be both gluten and sugar free and hopefully still tasty, made it seem a little more daunting.
As a result, I was pleasantly surprised with how easy (and yummy) cream cheese frosting turned out to be. And it works well with chocolate cupcakes.
Yields: About 3 and 2/3 cups (just enough to frost 18 cupcakes or a small cake).
- One 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups Splenda (or generic form of sucralose)
- With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Slowly add Splenda.
- After everything is well mixed, frost cupcakes or cake or cover and store it in the refrigerator.